Welcome! I’m really excited to have you and even more excited that you have some desire (whether conscious or not) to get in control of your business finances. You know as well as I know that your business success really does hinge on how well you can manage your finances. You can be making 6 figures or maybe even 7 figures a year and fail in business, simply because you can’t manage money. We’ve seen it over and over again. So, pat yourself on the back for taking this step! Here’s another beautiful thing - even if you aren’t yet making 6 figures… you could still end up in a more successful position than someone who is, and even better? Energetically… money flows to where it is being well received and well managed, so if you can get in control of the money you DO have - you are setting yourself up to receive more!
DOWNLOADS & RELATED TOOLS
This week I really want you to spend some time paying attention to the Money Myths you’ve believed or subscribed to. I’ve shared just a few with you, but what other things have you believed about money? Take 10 minutes and write your stream of conscious thoughts that come to mind when you think about money and your financial situation. And focus on the feelings that come up for you.
I also want you to take accountability for your current situation. Here are some questions to think about as you address your current financial state:
- Do you know how much you spent last month and on what within about $100?
- Do you know how much you made last month within about $100?
- Do you have more than $1,000 in savings?
- Do you have at least one retirement account?
- Do you have at least one investment account?
- Do you have any sources of income that come in no matter if you work or not, such as real estate investments, stocks and bonds, or businesses?
- Do you know which funds/stocks/bonds you own in any investment accounts that you have?
- Do you talk about money with your significant other, a friend, or someone else close to you at least once a week?
- Do you know how much money is in your bank account right now within $100?
- Do you know how much you spend on average per month?
- Do you know what top three categories you spend your money on?
- Do you consciously spend money on the things you most value?
- Do you enjoy taking financial actions like paying bills, talking to your accountant, and checking in on your investments?
- Do you enjoy what you do for a living?
- Have you ever read a book about money before this one?
- Have you ever taken a course about money?
- Do you feel optimistic about your financial future?
- Do you set financial goals at the beginning of each year?
- Do you track your expenses?
- Do you feel that the work you do is adding value to the world?
- Do you like making money?
- Do you sometimes lie awake in bed at night or wake up early worrying about your finances?
- Do you believe people who are wealthy are less spiritual than people who have less money?
- Do financial conversations with your friends or a significant other often end in disagreements?
- Do you feel anxious when you think or talk about money?
- Do you find yourself using the phrase “I can’t afford that” at least once a week?
- Do you have credit card debt?
- Do you avoid looking at bank statements, credit card bills, and other financial paperwork?
- Do you owe any back taxes?
- Do you feel like there’s never enough when it comes to money?
- Do you space out, get bored, or exhibit other signs of resistance when learning about money, talking about money, or engaging in your financial life in other ways?
- Does spending less than you make feel limiting to you?
- Do you have a belief, even a barely conscious one, that money is bad or dirty?
- Do you have a belief, even a barely conscious one, that rich people are evil and/or greedy?
- Do you feel drained by the work that you do for money?
- Do you have problems spending money on yourself?
- Do you feel anxious when spending what you consider to be a large sum of money?
- Do you keep a balance on your credit card despite knowing that you could easily pay it off?